Sunday, March 29, 2026

Fancy the latest Sunday Puzzle from NPR? Try to change one consonant to a vowel of each given word to spell a new word!

I'm going to give you some seven-letter words. For each one, change one consonant to a vowel to spell a new word.

Ex. CONCEPT  -->  CONCEIT

 


1. REVENGE

 

2. TRACTOR

 

3. PLASTIC

 

4. CAPTION

 

5. SCUFFLE

 

6. POMPOMS

 

7. MOBSTER

 

8. LINKAGE

 

9. TEMPERS

 



Answer Keys 

    1.  REVENGE: G => U   REVENUE

    2.  TRACTOR: C => I    TRAITOR

    3.  PLASTIC: P => E   ELASTIC

    4.  CAPTION: P => U   CAUTION

    5.  SCUFFLE: C => O   SOUFFLE

    6. POMPOMS: M => U   POMPOUS

    7.  MOBSTER: B => I   MOISTER

    8. LINKAGE: K => E   LINEAGE

    9.  TEMPERS: S => A   TEMPERA



No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest NPR Sunday Puzzle! Find the cities and States using the clues!

I'm going to give you some words. The first two or more letters start the name of a well-known U.S. city. The first two or more letters ...