Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Jean's Running Meditation

 What Running Means to Me

by Jean J. Lee


 

Running is my time to be grateful for another day I wake up to

Running is my time to look back on my own self

Running is my time to reminisce the good old days in the past

Running is my time to fall apart in times of sorrow

Running is my time to grieve thinking of my loved ones in Heaven

Running is my time to pull myself together in the midst of hardships

Running is my time to list up groceries to put in my basket

Running is my time to say I love you to my tired body and soul

Running is my time to shake off all the bad energy from the world

Running is my time to be all ears to my inner voice

Running is my time miss my family and friends living in a distance

Running is my time to pray for those in difficult time of their lives

Running is my time to visualize my future self in another pair of running shoes on different turfs

Running is my time to promise myself a better tomorrow

Running is my time to empty out my mind and become refreshed

Running is my time to pat on my own back and keep chanting the mantra: ”You are fine.”

Running is my time to whisper “One step at a time”

Running is my time to be reminded of the beauty of sweaty miles

Running is my time to reset some broken system inside of me

Running is my time to learn how to let go of things I can’t change

Running is facing your most unbridled self and welcome you just the way you are

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fill in the Blanks with the Right Words!

When you learn English as a second or a foreign language, you might have trouble putting the right words in the right places in a sentence. ...