Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Time to play the latest WORD PUZZLE from NPR! Insert I-D-E into given words to make new words!

We just passed the Ides of March, or March 15, an Ancient Roman date best remembered for the assassination of Julius Caesar. Now, I know that IDES is a singular noun in Ancient Roman, but today we're calling it a plural. We're going to insert a bunch of I-D-Es into words to make new words.

I'll give you a word, you insert IDE into that word to make a brand new word or phrase. For example, if I gave you the word BRAD, B-R-A-D, you'd say BRAIDED, which is BRAD with I-D-E inside of it.

 

    1.   SCAR

    2.   BESS

    3.   GUS

    4.   MAN

    5.   PRESS

    6.   STABLE

    7.   WANGLE

 





Answer Keys 

    1.  sidecar

    2.  besides

    3.  guides

    4.  maiden

    5.  presides

    6.  side table

    7.  wide angle

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Acrostic Poem about TRANSLANGUAGE!

  Celebration of multicultural and multilingual heritage is becoming more important than ever in America today. As I pointed out through my ...