Monday, August 17, 2026

JULY 7TH on lunar calendar is called “Chilseok” for separated lovers in Korea.



Korean Valentine’s Day, Chilseok

Have you ever heard the sad Korean love story of Gyeonu and Jingnyeo?

August 19th is July 7 on the Lunar Calendar, known as Chilseok, a traditional Korean festival sometimes called the Korean Valentine’s Day.

According to the legend, Gyeonu and Jingnyeo are separated by the Milky Way and can meet only once a year. On Chilseok, magpies and crows form a bridge called Ojakgyo so they can cross and reunite. It is also said that the rain on this day is the tears they shed when they part. Isn’t it a beautiful yet bittersweet love story?

If you’re missing someone who holds a special place in your heart, make a wish for them this Wednesday. Wish that they are safe, happy, and living a beautiful life wherever they may be. Perhaps, somehow, your heartfelt wishes will find their way to them. And who knows? Maybe your dreams will come true. I believe.



This is my old piece of poem about two broken hearts. I wish all separated lovers in this world a brighter tomorrow.

 

Two Persons in Staggered Love

by Jean J. Lee

 

He says “passion”

She says “illusion”

 

He says “courage”

She says “reckless boldness”

 

He says “positively free”

She says “irresponsible spree”

 

He says “listening to the inner voice”

She says “deceiving oneself”

 

He says “young at heart”

She says “immature”

 

He says “you are impossibly stagnant”

She says “I am fully ripe”

 

He says “I give up on you”

She says “I willingly let go of you”

No comments:

Post a Comment

JULY 7TH on lunar calendar is called “Chilseok” for separated lovers in Korea.

Korean Valentine’s Day, Chilseok Have you ever heard the sad Korean love story of Gyeonu and Jingnyeo? August 19th is July 7 on the Luna...