Saturday, August 22, 2026

POEM full of OXYMORONS



Quite often, it feels as though we live in a world full of oxymorons. An oxymoron combines two words with opposite or conflicting meanings, often adding humor, irony, or emphasis. In other words, perhaps life needs a little irony and humor to help us survive the daily stress!

Think of phrases like “pretty ugly,” “working vacation,” “only choice,” and “awful good.” And the list goes on!

So, why not have some fun and write a poem using oxymorons? Let me share mine with you.😉

 

Meditation on My Morning Run

By Jean J. Lee

 

My friend asks me why I run

I say that I do for the bittersweet pain that feels so good and hurts so bad

My standard super shoes help me stay calm with their loud silence of strides

Yes, running seems like a demulcent for heartaches and a nettlesome trigger of fatigue.

The passing runner I met on the road was wearing a beautiful natural make-up

I was like ‘She must have spent an hour to put on a make up to look natural.’

Her invincible smudge-proof eyelines might need some all-melt remover in the end!

I love all runners with cool passion in this world

With every stride, the darkness visible in this world would be dislimned

If my friend asks me again if I’ll get in another run tomorrow morning?

I’d say “definite maybe!” if I wake up in a mood of festive tranquility!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

POEM full of OXYMORONS

Quite often, it feels as though we live in a world full of oxymorons. An oxymoron combines two words with opposite or conflicting meanings, ...