Tuesday, August 18, 2026

EXPRESSIONS AT FAST-FOOD CHAINS

LET’S TALK ABOUT FAST FOOD!  

Are you familiar with these fast food slogans?

"I'm lovin' it," "Have it your way," "Where's the beef?", "In Sight, It Must Be Right.", "Finger-lickin' good," "Eat Mor Chikin", "Live más", "Eat fresh", “It just meals good”, “Quality you can taste”, "We have the meats", "America runs on Dunkin'", and you name it. These memorable catchphrases make your favorite food brands instantly recognizable.

How often do you eat fast food each week? Do you ever swing by a drive-through for a quick bite? Whether you’re a fast-food fan or rarely order takeout, let’s explore some easy-peasy expressions you’ll often hear, see, or use at fast-food restaurants.

 


    1.   For here or to go?: Asking if you wish to dine in or take it out?

 

    2.   (on college campus) Staff or student?: Many campus stores, cafés, and software programs offer special discount rates and deals for students and staff.

 

    3.   I’d like a cheeseburger all the way.: I want to have everything (e.g., lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, mayo etc) in your cheeseburger.

 

    4.   Please, hold the lettuce for mine.: I don’t want lettuce in my sub.

 

    5.   Please, don’t scrimp on the mushrooms.: I want a lot of mushrooms in mine.

 

    6.   Is it made to order?: Is the food prepared fresh after you place your order—not pre-cooked, sitting under a heat lamp, or waiting in a warming tray?


7.   There’re a lot of campers with their laptops in that café.: A camper is one of a busy restaurant’s least favorite customers. It’s someone who has finished and paid for their meal but continues to linger at the table, chatting or working at his/her laptop. When a restaurant is crowded and tables are in high demand, campers can leave other hungry diners waiting even longer.

 

    8.   Let me have it as a basket/ as a meal/ as a combo.: It means that I want the main food item served together with extra side items, like fries and a drink, packaged as one complete group for a single price, which is normally a value meal that costs you less than ordering individual items.

 

    9.   May I have/get your name for this order?: At some fast-food chains, the team member asks for your name when taking your order.

 

    10. Please make it two. Or Please, double the order.: It means you’d like twice the amount of the same item or meal.



No comments:

Post a Comment

EXPRESSIONS AT FAST-FOOD CHAINS

LET’S TALK ABOUT FAST FOOD!   Are you familiar with these fast food slogans? "I'm lovin' it," "Have it your way,...