Monday, May 15, 2017

Time for a Half-Yearly Check of Your New Year Resolutions

I can’t believe the first half chunk of this year has passed! Do you still faithfully keep at your new-year resolutions? Do some of you even remember what the resolutions are? Well….according to my conjecture, quite a lot of you out there have been gradually negligent towards your goals or objects of the year 2016. Alright, let us just drop such a punctilious attitude. If your new-year resolutions were realistic and viable enough or a true keeper, they must still have been achieved by you on a daily basis. If they were no more than a creation of ‘demonstration effect’, they must have long been a history by now.
As for me, the new-year resolutions are as follows:
1.   “I would like to boost my VO2 max this year”
2.   “I will add relaxing yoga classes to help ease muscle pains”
3.   “I will resist the urge to run more each day just for the sake of injury prevention”

On number 1, I tried several times of the VO2 max interval training by myself, but it was harder than I had expected. So the resolution # 1 fizzled out over time.
Number 2 was half successful since I have been in relaxing yoga classes at least once or twice a week. However, I often skipped the yoga sessions, because my stubborn post-run fatigue would make me listless.
As for number 3, yes, I’d like to say I have abided by the rule of thumb before the daily hard trainings start to feel like a sockdolager on my pulled muscles! Although it makes me somewhat incomplete on the day that I skipped running, it is mostly a wise decision not to go out for a run when I am suffering from injuries or much too achy muscles.

How about you all? As I mentioned in my previous write-up on the new-year resolutions here in my blog, do not despair! If your decision cannot last more than three days, then let us just repeat the three-day resolutions over and over again! Then one day you’ll find yourself on the final month of this year doing the half-yearly check of your resolutions once again.


Expressions
to keep at: (verb) to continue doing something even if you want to stop

conjecture: (noun) guesswork

punctilious: (adjective) strict or exact in the observance of the formalities or amenities of conduct or actions.

viable: (adjective) practicable or workable

keeper: (noun) something worth keeping

demonstration effect: (noun) the theory that people buy products to impress or stay on the same level as their neighbors

fizzle out: (verb) to fail ignominiously after a good start

listless: (adjective) having or showing little or no interest in anything; languid; spiritless; indifferent

abide by…: (verb) to continue in a particular condition, attitude, relationship, etc.


sockdolager: (noun) something unusually large and heavy/ a forceful and finishing blow

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Acrostic Poem about TRANSLANGUAGE!

  Celebration of multicultural and multilingual heritage is becoming more important than ever in America today. As I pointed out through my ...