Friday, April 26, 2024

April is the National Poetry Month in the States.

April is the national poetry month in the U.S. Do you like to read poems or sometimes try to express yourselves with a poetic touch? Why don't you give it a shot by writing a short HAIKU or a fun limerick to begin with? Here's a few of mine. As you long as you are true to yourself with words, anyone of you could become a poet. 





In the Woods

Jean J. Lee

Streams flow into the waterfall

Breezy forest full of weeping wild flowers so tall

Echo the voice lost for good, I'd say

Resembles the hopeless eyes of yesterday

I just stop to mimic the sound “ready-setty-to-go-y’all”







What's on My Mind When I Run

by Jean J. Lee

They ask me why I run

                How should I feel when my morning runs were done?

What could be that something I get when I run for fun?

Smile on the road is what I won

A voice inside of me shouting “pit-a-pat-ilicious” under the sun






           On the Day Dad's New Life in Heaven Began

by Jean J. Lee                    

Dad was with me but he wasn't.

I looked into his eyes but he didn't.

Doc said he was delirious but he was dreaming elsewhere.

Dad wanted me to feel other wordly connections between his place and mine right there.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Fill in the Blanks with the Right Words!

When you learn English as a second or a foreign language, you might have trouble putting the right words in the right places in a sentence. ...