Monday, August 2, 2021

Time to play the puzzle! Here's the latest NPR word puzzle.

 Each sentence below conceals part of the human body in consecutive letters. Every answer has at least five letters. What are they?

Ex. Read the article --> HEART

 



1. Hang it higher.


2. They elided their G's.


3. Can the sopranos trill?


4. Helen drank lemonade.


5. When I got to Iowa, I stopped.


6. No tax is put on guest rooms

7. Those are the buttons I lost.


8. Move the benches to the rear.


9. Throw the gum out here.


10. We need a new fiscal policy.


11. Labor shifted from humans to machines.


12. Therefore armies went to war.

 

 

Answer Keys                      

1.   Thigh (Hang it higher)


2.   Eyelid (They elided their Gs)


3.   Nostril (Can the sopranos trill?)


4.   Ankle (Helen drank lemonade)


5.   Waist (When I got to Iowa, I stopped)


6.   Tongue (No tax is put on guest rooms)


7.   Butt (Those are the buttons I lost)


8.   Chest (Move the benches to the rear)


9.   Scalp (We need a new fiscal policy)


10. Stomach (Labor shifted from humans to machines)


     11. Forearm (Therefore armies went to war) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Acrostic Poem about TRANSLANGUAGE!

  Celebration of multicultural and multilingual heritage is becoming more important than ever in America today. As I pointed out through my ...