Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Idioms related to Fun, Joy, and Laughter

 

This week, let us learn about some expressions that are related to fun and joy. Find the proper expressions for each of the following blanks.

 



    1.   Are you inviting Eva to your birthday party? Sounds perfect! She is always the life and _____________ of the party.

 

    2.   Now that our Finals are over, why don’t we go and ____________ out today?

 

    3.   I can tell Janet is in her ____________ in the kitchen. She is such a wonderful cook who finds most of her pleasure in creating delectable dish!

 

    4.   I don’t get Melinda’s jokes. Most of the time, I ask her to give me the _____________ lines of her jokes.

 

    5.   Jeff has been staying cooped up in his house for the last couple of months. He wants to get outside and blow off the _______________ now.

 

    6.   Jean was thrilled to __________ when she won her age group at the trail running race 3 years ago.

 

    7.   Drew looked like a ____________ with two tails at the meeting this morning. He finally got promoted after all those years!

 

    8.   I used to see my mom in __________ and falling about laughing whenever she was watching the rehash of classic sitcom “I Love Lucy”.

 

    9.   (at a party) Oh, c’mon, Brian! Don’t be a wallflower. I want you to meet Rachel. She’s a ________________ of laughs.

 

    10.               Jessica was ______________ pink when she was offered the position of the manager in the financial team.

 

Answer Keys

    1.  soul

    2.  chill

    3.  element

    4.  punch

    5.  cobwebs  

    6.  bits

    7.  dog

    8.  stitches

    9.  barrel

    10.              tickled

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Acrostic Poem about TRANSLANGUAGE!

  Celebration of multicultural and multilingual heritage is becoming more important than ever in America today. As I pointed out through my ...