Thursday, September 17, 2020

How to Tactfully Agree or Disagree

 


There have been many discussions and debates in my past English classes. Sometimes, students sounded way too blunt or straightforward in expressing their agreement or disagreement while arguing and getting their opinions across. Here are some basic and common tactful ways to express how you feel about others’ comments.

 

 Ways to Agree

 Ways to Disagree

 

-       That’s for sure! 


-        I couldn’t agree with you more.

 

-        That is absolutely true.

 

-        No doubt about it.

 

-        Fair enough.

 

-        We’re on the same wavelength.

 

-        You’re telling me!

 

-        I second that!

 

-        You stole my words!

 

-        Exactly.

 

-        You have a point there.

 

-        (In case you agree with someone’s negative statement): Me, neither.

 

-        I understand where you’re coming from, but…

 

-        You may be right, but I think….

 

-        That doesn’t quite make sense to me.

 

-        I hear you, but that’s not always the case.

 

-        I beg to differ.

 

-        I’m sorry, but I don’t think….

 

-        We don’t see eye to eye on that point.

 

-        I’m not sure about that.

 

-        No way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Acrostic Poem about TRANSLANGUAGE!

  Celebration of multicultural and multilingual heritage is becoming more important than ever in America today. As I pointed out through my ...