Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Life

Life
By Jean Lee

Tossed into the light
Loved by parents in delight
Learn to walk and talk
Sometimes stop and balk
Grow up and live
Find some ways and gather much to give
Make a lot of mistakes and hope for pardon
Reached midlife, feel blessed to be in my sunny garden
Pray for another day with ailing mom and pop
Realize that the end doesn’t prepare you for a teardrop
Come back to your good old chair
Breathe in the age-old air
Sing a song of lamentation from yesterday
and of faint memories that are not so gray
Ready to patiently sit
Reading the words of wit
Feel alright looking back
Grateful that I’ve been on the right track
Holding nothing much left in my pocket
But relieved to survive this lunatic world of sprocket
Not defined with one simple word
Because my life has many a side unheard
Learn to say with silence
Still sometimes roar in defiance
Hoping to be remembered as a good friend

Even long after my days end

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Acrostic Poem about TRANSLANGUAGE!

  Celebration of multicultural and multilingual heritage is becoming more important than ever in America today. As I pointed out through my ...