Monday, November 6, 2023

Find the hidden names of the U.S. cities in the sentences!

I am going to give a sentence for each question. Each sentence conceals the name of a well-known U.S. city PHONETICALLY.  

Ex. The lumberjacks unlaced their boots. --> JACKSON (Miss.)

(*For those who are not able to read the following sentences at normal native speakers' speed, I underlined the parts of each sentence you need to focus on in terms of phonetic sounds.)



1. I'd like you to meet my amiable sister. (Fla.)

 

2. The CPR pro gave Diane a Heimlich maneuver. (Calif.)

 

3. Did anyone who's sincere accuse me of doing that? (N.Y.)

 

4. The hockey player got semipro vocational training. (Utah)

 

5. A neighbor gave Thoreau an oak tree. (Va.)

 

6. The emcee led the chanteuse onto the stage. (Ariz.)

 

7. The pet owner would on tiptoe lead obedient dogs downstairs. (Ohio)

 

8. In the end it was the whole shebang Gorbachev lost. (Me.)

 

Answer Keys

    1.  Miami (Florida)

    2.  Anaheim (California)

    3.  Syracuse (New York)

    4.  Provo (Utah)

    5.  Roanoke (Virginia)

    6.  Tucson (Arizona)

    7.  Toledo (Ohio)

    8.  Bangor (Maine)

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Acrostic Poem about TRANSLANGUAGE!

  Celebration of multicultural and multilingual heritage is becoming more important than ever in America today. As I pointed out through my ...