Monday, December 21, 2020

A Piece of Poem dedicated to All the Cooks at Home in the Quarantined Year of 2020 by Jean Lee

 The 12 Days of Christmas Ode to All the Cooks at Home in 2020

by Jean Lee

 

On the 1st day of Christmas, my true love sent to me

A spare fridge instead of a tree

 

On the 2nd day of Christmas, my true love sent to me

Two tons of flour, and a spare fridge instead of a tree

 

On the 3rd day of Christmas, my true love sent to me

Three dozen eggs, two tons of flour, and a spare fridge instead of a tree

 

On the 4th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me

Four tubs of curds, three dozen eggs, two tons of flour, and a spare fridge instead of a tree

 

On the 5th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me

Five muffin rings, four tubs of curds, three dozen eggs, two tons of flour, and a spare fridge instead of a tree

 


On the 6th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me

Six cheese I’m saving, five muffin rings, four tubs of curds, three dozen eggs, two tons of flour, and a spare fridge instead of a tree.


On the 7th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me

Seven naans a burning, six cheese I’m saving, five muffin rings, four tubs of curds, three dozen eggs, two tons of flour, and a spare fridge instead of a tree

 

On the 8th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me

Eight drinks for sipping, seven naans a burning, six cheese I’m saving, five muffin rings, four tubs of curds, three dozen eggs, two tons of flour, and a spare fridge instead of a tree

 

On the 9th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me

Nine licorice for licking, eight drinks for sipping, seven naans a burning, six cheese I’m saving, five muffin rings, four tubs of curds, three dozen eggs, two tons of flour, and a spare fridge instead of a tree

 

On the 10th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me

Ten gourds of pumpkins, nine licorice for licking, eight drinks for sipping, seven naans a burning, six cheese I’m saving, five muffin rings, four tubs of curds, three dozen eggs, two tons of flour, and a spare fridge instead of a tree

 

On the 11th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me

Eleven griddles for frying, ten gourds of pumpkins, nine licorice for licking, eight drinks for sipping, seven naans a burning, six cheese I’m saving, five muffin rings, four tubs of curds, three dozen eggs, two tons of flour, and a spare fridge instead of a tree

 

On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me

Twelve cutters for cookies, eleven griddles for frying, ten gourds of pumpkins, nine licorice for licking, eight drinks for sipping, seven naans a burning, six cheese I’m saving, five muffin rings, four tubs of curds, three dozen eggs, two tons of flour, and a spare fridge instead of a tree

1 comment:

It's time to play the latest puzzle from the NPR Sunday on-air challenge!

Every answer today is a pair of related words that start with the same letter and end with the same letter.   Ex.] Name two 5-letter roc...