Monday, August 17, 2020

Time for Word Puzzle (from NPR aired on August 16th, 2020)

 Time to solve the puzzle created by Will Shortz from NPR Sunday Word Puzzle. Every answer today is the name of a major foreign city that is not the capital of its country. I'll give you anagrams. You name the cities.

(https://www.npr.org/2020/08/16/902845585/sunday-puzzle-city-shuffle)

(picture source: https://www.pcma.org/london-tops-2019-worlds-best-cities-list/) 

Example: EDSEL, England --> Leeds

 

 


1. ROCK, Ireland

2. AVENGE, Switzerland

3. GOALS, Nigeria

4. REDDENS, Germany

5. PLANES, Italy

6. DRAMAS, India

7. ONLY, France

8. NEW PART, Belgium

9. VALIANCE, Spain

10. APROPOS, Japan

 

Answer Key 

    1.  Cork

 

    2.  Geneva

 

    3.  Lagos

 

    4.  Dresden

 

    5.  Naples

 

    6.  Madras

 

    7.  Lyon

 

    8.  Antwerp

 

    9.  Valencia

  

    10. Sapporo

No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of poem dedicated to all our loved ones who seem far away from reality

During my recent visit to my auntie at her assisted living home, I found myself standing quietly at the edge of a world I could no longer fu...