Thursday, April 9, 2020

Time to chillax!


As we are all going through this unprecedentedly difficult time, we need daily dose of humor that could make a great ‘pick-me-up’ or an emotional boost. When was the last time you laughed or even smiled? I find myself too quiet and withdrawn, having this sardonic smile or just a blank look in my own nook at home. Social distancing of six feet away from others makes me feel like six feet under now and then. Face masks with particulate filter would also increase our affective filter among people. How about you guys out there? Let us just hang in there and stop a moment to laugh in this situation full of gravitas, at least once a day. “Like a welcome Summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air, and you.” ……Langston Hughes    😉






“I don’t do drugs. I am drugs.” ……….. Salvador Dali







Reporter: “What do you think of Western Civilization?”

Mahatma Gandhi: “It think it would be a great idea!”







“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.”…… Albert Eisntein







“When people agree with me, I always feel that I must be wrong.”….Oscar Wilde







“Why do they call it rush hour if no one moves?”…….. Robin Williams







Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”…….Abraham Lincoln







“The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.”….. Andy Rooney







“At every party there two kinds of people;  Those who want to go home and those who don’t. The trouble is, they are usually married to each other.”……. Ann Landers







“In every circle of friends there’s always that one person everyone secretly hates. Don’t have one? Then it’s probably you.” …….Will Ferrell







“I used to work at McDonald’s making minimum wage. You know what that means when someone pays you minimum wage? You know what your boss was trying to say? It’s like “Hey, if I could pay you less, I would, but it’s against the law.” …………….Chris Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's time to play the latest puzzle from the NPR Sunday on-air challenge!

Every answer today is a pair of related words that start with the same letter and end with the same letter.   Ex.] Name two 5-letter roc...