Thursday, December 26, 2019

A Prayer for the New Year of 2020


A Prayer for the New Year of 2020

By Jean Lee








I pray that no one feels pushed around or left out in their lives;   

    I hope there’ll certainly be the moments they feel their passion respected.


I pray that I’m willingly spare a minute or two to hear my friends and give them high-fives;

    I hope they remember we are always connected.







I pray the crispy air at dawn fills me with brand new hopes for another given day;

    I hope I’ll still pat on my back even if the time is not as meaningful or fruitful as expected.


I pray I always look inside of me and give any pain some leeway;

    I hope every little scab will not be neglected, but rather be protected.







I pray day-to-day smiles and laughter will strongly pave the way for bigger bunch of happiness;

   I hope daily navigation in life will bring me and my friends unshattered wisdom.


I pray by the end of this year, I will write Christmas cards only filled with sweetness;

   I hope those who get my cards will also be singing a song of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Acrostic Poem about TRANSLANGUAGE!

  Celebration of multicultural and multilingual heritage is becoming more important than ever in America today. As I pointed out through my ...