Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Poem by Jean Lee: Trees





Trees

By Jean Lee

Are you the one that has been in my yesterday?
Am I still in your memory?
You know my stories and quiet moments of silence in somber overlay
That from time to time emerge in a way so peremptory.


In the morning, you whisper sounds of hopes through balmy sunray
At dusk, you bring me to tears pointing toward the sky where my father is so gingerly.


Trees, you are listening when I pray
Then keep me stay peaceful in my trajectory.
Each time I get lost in a maze to my dismay,
Your changing colors of leaves have taught me life is full of mystery.


Will you be there for me in my twilight years in the same way?
I know you won’t judge me and say “now you’re an old lady who’s so peppery”.
Leaning on your wide and sturdy trunk as I lay,
I’d ask for a long, long whispering of the good old time so savory.



The stories would never seem dull or bewhiskered to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's time to play the latest puzzle from the NPR Sunday on-air challenge!

Every answer today is a pair of related words that start with the same letter and end with the same letter.   Ex.] Name two 5-letter roc...