Thursday, December 7, 2017

Peoria on My Mind

Peoria on My Mind
by Jean Lee





Love the corn fields in Summer time vast and wide;
Colorful autumn is such a winsome time.
Wintry air has made me a good cook of soups with pride;
Spring rain brings out flowers in their prime.

When I used to stumble and fall,
You were there;
Over good times, bad times, and all,
Showing me a sunny smile so rare.

When hope seems like the last thing to expect,
You don’t say “can’t” or “never”.
That’s why you’re the one to respect,
and we’ll be on your side forever.

If some time I look back on my good old days,
You will be right there in my memory.
As the unforgettable light that stays,
You will keep brightening up my life so happily.

I’m leaving my heart with you, Peoria.
You will always be my home of euphoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fill in the Blanks with the Right Words!

When you learn English as a second or a foreign language, you might have trouble putting the right words in the right places in a sentence. ...