Friday, May 14, 2021

Jean's Poem dedicated to All Our Loved Ones in Heaven

 To All Our Loved Ones in Heaven 🙏💙

         by Jean J. Lee

The days you left behind 
  have felt like the most unfamiliar grind.

When I hit quiet trails, 
  I hear my breathing becoming sad exhales.

The empty hollow filled with sorrow
  makes it harder to hope for tomorrow.

Here I go again with another stride
  Slowly but tenaciously with you inside.

A hundred-mile-long run is not lonely
  as you are watching over me closely.

Miles and miles apart between Heaven and earth in existence,
  but running these miles would truly shorten the distance.

I know that I'd cry now and then
  But I promise I'd head out to run again.

When it rains, I'll think of it as your gift
  to hide my tears as I sniffed

When it snows, I'll listen to my footsteps
  in my joyful training of hundred reps.

A birdie on that cedar tree
  must be you that are finally free.






No comments:

Post a Comment

An Acrostic Poem about TRANSLANGUAGE!

  Celebration of multicultural and multilingual heritage is becoming more important than ever in America today. As I pointed out through my ...