Thursday, April 26, 2018

Morning Meditation



Morning Meditation

by Jean Lee

As I wake up to the darkness of silence in the early hours,
Only the woodnote peacefully dilutes the serenity from the bowers.
Imagining countless droopy eyes out there,
I mumble to myself “Let’s live it up as loud as we dare!”

World news from the radio would make a lot of velitations.
Allowing the noise in our lives would take so much patience.
Turn the volume down.
So the voice of your heart and soul won’t drown.

No greetings or friendly faces in sight.
Same old footsteps of mine follow me in delight.
Another day, another night, ….and another day is here.
Still smudged with yesterday’s color that doesn’t disappear.

Although it might not be viewed as a wholesome whole,
Your today is building a bridge of hope on which you’ll stroll.
Keep smiling until all your concerns and wounds come to halve.
Say your prayers until the flowers in your garden become a salve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Acrostic Poem about TRANSLANGUAGE!

  Celebration of multicultural and multilingual heritage is becoming more important than ever in America today. As I pointed out through my ...